Red Ruin's catalogue continues to grow as our active community of contributors is producing some high-quality content. You can check out Red Ruin on DrivethruRPG.com for our full catalogue or keep reading for a flavour of the great things you can read for free.
In addition to contributions to the Casket of Fays fanzine, we are also interested in longer works: sourcebooks, adventures and campaigns, new professions and rules, and other longer pieces of interest to Dragon Warriors players. If you have an idea that you would like to discuss with the editor, check out our Submission Policy, join us over on Discord, and contact us.
Casket of Fays
Red Ruin's flagship publication is the Casket of Fays, a quarterly A5 fanzine presenting short, fan-written articles to a mixed audience of both Dragon Warriors and OSR fans, both to excite long-time players of the Dragon Warriors RPG and to lure new players with an interest in OSR to Dragon Warriors. The Casket of Fays fanzine is ideal for publishing:
- short encounters;
- small locales;
- new monsters, skills, NPCs, spells, and items;
- myths, legends, and folklore from the Lands of Legend;
- maps and art;
- and more besides!
Check out the Casket of Fays website for details of (and links to) all of the issues.
If you are looking for adventures longer than can be published in the Casket of Fays, you need look no further than to the Adventures of Cedric and Fulk. In their first chapbook, they encounter the Wickedest Man in Banlet. The second chapbook spins the tale of the Well of All Tears, and more of their exploits will be following soon.
Alongside these, a new series of adventures, the Maunderlak Saga, has begun with the release of The Fallen Monastery and continues with The Ruins of Trostenhal, The Icevalen Mine, Ravenswall, Return to Trostenhal, and Trostenhal Mine.
With the resurgence in popularity of solo adventure-gaming, Dragon Warriors fans have not disappointed. The first of a number of solo adventures to be published by Red Ruin is set in the Village of Frogton. And from there, the floodgates opened — check out Red Ruin's full catalogue of solo adventures:
- The Village of Frogton — Your travels have brought you to this remote forest-bound village nestled amongst snow-shrouded hills, where adventure awaits!
- Green Water, Crimson Stag — Seek the Crimson Stag in this second of Red Ruin's solo adventures set in the Lands of Legend.
- Village of the Damned — Can you save the village from a dark curse?
- Meryon Woods — How difficult can it be to deliver a message to a nearby abbey the other side of Meryon Woods? Dare you find out?
- Desolation of the God-King — Lost in a strange desert kingdom, far from the comforts of home; can you survive its many dangers and return home?
- Icon of Death — The fate of the Principalities rests on the success of a dangerous mission. Are you brave enough to accept?
- Plague of the Undead — The town of Overdale is under attack from within! Night after night, the walking dead rise from their graves to stalk the streets. Can you save the people of this once peaceful town?
- Scourge of the Shadows — An open-world solo adventure set in Ereworn, a country on the brink of either disaster or salvation. How will your actions determine its fate?
- The Beast of the Black Tor — You've heard rumour of a beast coming down from the tor to terrorise the inhabitants of the moor. Are you brave enough to investigate perchance to help?
- Ancient Silence — An investigation at a remote lighthouse turns into a battle for survival!
- Catacombs of Dust — Dare you enter the Catacombs of Dust? Deep dark danger surrounds you! Will you succumb to foul demonic sorcery or will right prevail?
- Winter's Breath — Villages are under attack from a savage monster — can you brave winter's breath across the freezing wilderness, snow-covered mountains, and ancient underworlds to the beast's lair?
Red Ruin is exploring more of the Lands of Legend, starting with the iconic Tower of Ulrich the Sorcerer. If you enjoyed that, check out the Village of Garric, a detailed village to use anywhere in your games.